Sunday, December 11, 2011

Nadiya, Age 27


Nadiya Gibson, Dance Instructor, Spring 2005

There's this bench in the park near the my studio.  And for the third time in a row, when I arrive brown paper bag in tow, someone else ... is sittin' on it. 

The nerve. 

Even a blind man could see how the imprints of my legs, rear and thighs are already engraved into its city-issued planks, like pairs of sockets with deep set eyes. 

The audacity.

Call me rude, but I refuse to compriseSo when young kids and ole' heads stroll by with weary legs and a lustful eye, I guard my bench like a starving Southern warrior protecting that last piece ... of sweet potato pie. 

The thought!

And it just isn't working --- my mean girl stare.  This guy doesn't even seem to care!  Gesturing and mouthing, "Why don't we share?"

Ha! 

Lunch is almost over now.  Wasted my time on this tall, dark and han ... stranger!  Bright smile, sharp style, and numerous attempts to beguile.  Why don't I just "sit a while?"  He must be crazy!  Only five more minutes?  Well I guess I could ... 

Maybe?

In Nadiya's Closet ...
In Nadiya's Closet ...

In Nadiya's Closet ... by thequeenknowsbest featuring high heels



*The quote above is a fictionalized account inspired by the people and fashion of a photograph found here

1 comment:

  1. Nadiya's outfit is bangin'! I am a sucker for a nice yellow shoe.

    http://dolledup4theday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete